Job title : Full Stack Engineer
Job Type : Remote
Job Department : Engineering
Job Location : Remote
Deadline : 2019-03-31
Must have skills :
Additional skills :
How you'll help us achieve it
Our Risk Engineers build and support everything that helps lower our risk exposure. This includes integration of vendor tools, training new fraud/anomaly detection algorithms, supporting our risk operations teams and improving our monitoring capabilities. You'll leverage your technical skills to build out new tooling for our Risk Representatives, integrate new data sources, build feature engineering pipelines and help evaluate new models.
In your first few months, you'll
- Migrate key components from Heroku to AWS and standup new infrastructure.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs to help us make better fraud decisions.
- Implement features and services that leverage new and existing data sources to protect our customers.
- Work with our Risk Ops to improve our internal tooling. This will include improvements to UIs and our Slack Bots.
- Assist our ML engineers to integrate and deploy new models.
- Streamline our in-app user experience on both iOS and Android.
- 1-4 years professional experience as a full stack or back end engineer.
- Work authorization in the country in which you intend to be based.
You might be a good fit if you
- Can build simple input/output scripts without much difficulty and can read more complicated code.
- Know your way around a database, can write queries using SQL, and draw conclusions from quantitative data.
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done. You don't mind doing things manually and dealing with schlep but automate your work when possible.
- Are inquisitive, intellectually curious and can make sense of complex systems or information.
- Can work in a structured approach towards goals and pay attention to detail.
- Can easily communicate with non-technical folks and translate their feedback into code.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change.
Bonus points if you
- Are based in Europe or Africa
- Speak French
- Possess hands-on experience with Python
- Have experience or interest in data engineering or machine learning.
- We are a distributed group of ten engineers, eighteen operations team members and over fifty support representatives spread across three continents who are deeply passionate about our mission.
- Each quarter, we go on a five-day retreat together. In 2018, we've been to Vancouver, Lisbon, Austin and Burlington.
- We play in bands, teach dance classes, run Vipassana retreats, played semi-pro basketball, and built tools to help Doctors Without Borders respond to the Ebola crisis.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.